From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Farhang
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:55 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Airflow Network: Difference between Flow rate
and Infiltration Volume

Hi,

I created a simple one-zone model with two windows to better understand the
Airflow
Network Outputs, and I got the following results in an specific hour:

1st_WIN:AirflowNetwork Volume Flow Rate from Node 1 to 2 [m3/s]: 0.39
1st_WIN:AirflowNetwork Volume Flow Rate from Node 2 to 1 [m3/s]: 0.00

2nd_WIN:AirflowNetwork Volume Flow Rate from Node 1 to 2 [m3/s]: 0.00
2nd_WIN:AirflowNetwork Volume Flow Rate from Node 2 to 1 [m3/s]: 0.39

AirflowNetwork Zone Infiltration Volume [m3](Hourly): 1417.06

I believed that the Infiltration Volume is equal to (Flow rate into the zone
* 3600) so the infiltration volume = 0.39 * 3600 = 1386.12 m3. But the
output Infiltration volume is always larger than my simple manual
calculations.

I am an architect and I am not too into the engineering base of EnergyPlus.
Can anyone tell me, why there is a difference between the "flow rate into
the zone" and "infiltration" and how EnergyPlus calculates infiltration?

Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to
energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a
high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links