To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: derochejerome@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:16:52 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Lock Objects to disable

Hi everybody,
i would like to know if it is possible to lock object in the .idf file. I mean that i want to create an object in the .idf that i dont want to use for the moment but which will be used later.

For example i would like to create 2 chillers with differents caracteristics. I place one in the plant loop and i do my simulation. After that i replace the first one by the second one already created with the same node names, like that the connection is immediate.

The idea is to lock the second chiller in the first simulation, and lock the first chiller and unlock the second chiller in the second simulation.

Is there any option to do that?

Many thanks.