RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Surface Incident Solar Radiation

I think you should compare the output at different report time to compare.

Zone means for the whole zone or zone specific.

Average means that the value is averaged from the base calculated data.

These are not the official EPlus definitions.  I observed some of these when doing the RVI example, where the spread sheet has the timestep, hourly, monthly and annual values.

For example, the OD temperature has one hour as the input interval.  It is interpolated linearly for calculation at timesteps.  The zone OA can also  varies with height.  So you have the zone value, the averaged value when the output is listed  hourly again.

The input OA has only one decimal point, the output OA has more than one decimal points,even when listed as hourly.  The WinterDesignDay values are not changed, because the range is zero at the input..

When you ask for daily, monthly, and yearly values, the output are all averaged values from the base data.

When I suggest that you should try to verify using the different time, is try to do the averaging yourself using different  output data at different intervals.

"to multiply 190 w/m2 by 8760 hrs to obtain a value of 1664 kWh/m2 per year" is probably correct.
However, you can also ask for monthly average and average again to see whether the answer is also close to 190 w/m2.  The number will not be exact, due to decimal point conversion error, etc.

For tropical countries where the solar incidence value does not change very much,  the different numer of days in a month (28 and 31 days) did show some differencec, in the monthly listing.

 Dr. Li