[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: open studio plugin

Thanks Alan for sending him to the forum, I'll look for your post, there but thought I'd give a quick response here as well.

While a small model may almost instantly switch between rendering modes, a large model may take a few seconds, or more if very complex. But in this case, I think you mean that SketchUp seems slow even after you have switched rendering modes.

My first guess is that your energy model has duplicate surfaces within the same zone. If the boundary conditions of these duplicate surfaces are different, then the rendering mode kind of gets caught in a loop trying to properly render the same surface two different ways. As a result the application may become very unresponsive. If you send the file to OpenStudio@xxxxxxxx I can take a look at it. If you want to diagnose yourself, look through the model while in render by boundary condition for a blinking surface.

David,

--
David Goldwasser