To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: robin.cris@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 09:33:46 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Design day Vs weather file

Hello

In most of my project till last week I used design day and last week I used for the first time the weather file.

I live in a country that got a lot of different weather areas but only 3 got a weather file.
You can ask for weather file for the different locations from EPlus support.  If you use a weather file for a site on the same latitude, the result will be very similar.  The latitude controls the solar altinude angle.  Inland, sea coast location would change the weather file data.