[EnergyPlus_Support] Building Simulation Event and Webinar Tuesday evening (July 12)

Dear EnergyPlus Users,
You are invited to a Symposium on Weather and Building Simulation, organized by IBPSA (International Building Performance Simulation Association) -USA Boston Chapter. This event is Part 2 of 3 in our "Big Uglies" series, investigating the major unknowns in energy modeling.

Symposium on Weather and Building Simulation
July 12, 2011 7:30-9:30pm
Room 111 Harvard Graduate School of Design, 48 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA
With Live Webcast

The evening will include presentations and an open discussion on current best practices. Presenters include:
·         Drury Crawley of Bentley Systems
·         Charles Khuen of Weather Analytics
·         Seth Holmes of Harvard Graduate School of Design
Topics include:
·         Design conditions and different types of hourly weather data
·         Where to obtain this data
·         The limitations of each type
·         What to do when there's no nearby data
·         The Climate Forecast System Reanalysis (CFSR) dataset
·         Simulation with future climate-change data

Refreshments will be provided. For more information on IBPSA-USA Boston, visit: http://ibpsa-boston.com/ For directions to the event please visit: http://www.gsd.harvard.edu/admissions/visiting/ Participates unable to make it to Cambridge can join us via the internet. Details to follow. However, in order to create a lively discussion, we request that local participants join us in person if possible.
PLEASE RSVP by sending an email with the subject "RSVP In-Person" or "RSVP Remote" to ibpsa.boston@xxxxxxxxx.  Please forward this invitation to anyone you think may be interested.
Best,
Holly W. Samuelson
IBPSA-USA Boston

REMOTE ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS:
IBPSA-USA Boston -- Symposium on Weather and Building Simulation, Tuesday July 12, 2011 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern Time.
We will be broadcasting the session using AnyMeeting. You may register ahead of time, which would be helpful to us, but you may also sign in without registering once the meeting starts.  If you are local to Boston, please consider joining us in person to help create a lively discussion.
The URL for the meeting broadcast will be:
http://www.anymeeting.com/ibpsaboston1
The registration URL is:
http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=E954DD848948
You will be able to hear the presentations through your computer speakers, and to text questions for the speakers (using AnyMeeting) to our webmaster, who will be monitoring the remote attendees.