[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Problem with removing reheat coils in VAV

Many thanks for your assistance!

Everytime I have problems with EPlus I read the I/O reference and the engineering reference on the help menu but most of the time I don't understand very well the explanations. Sometimes they give me even more doubts. Even consulting the EPlus courses from their site and the example files I see most of my questions unanswered.

I already thought about the priorities of the reheat and heating coil but I never founded where to change that. Could you please help me with that?

In my thesis, in a first step, I used the IdealLoadSystem to calculate the building ideal requirements, but in a second step I really need to simulate the building's existing HVAC system, to calculate if the installed equipment is oversized or not. For that I'm trying to use the autosize, limiting only the maximum air flow.
I'm using the modified example file because my file is too big, with very zones with different areas, 5 independent AHUs and most of the parts are not written in english, so it would just confuse even more. Note that the HVAC templates I'm using in that file are exactly the same of those I'm using in my thesis file.

I think I could describe me as a (student) system designer. Unfortunately EPlus is my last resort, I really need to use it. I learned very well the part of the building energy demands, in a month or so, but I'm stuck in this point of the HVAC part for almost 2 months. As much as I read the program help and course and modify the variables, I keep stuck at this point.

I even thought to sum the reheat and heating coils capacity but it obviously didn't work, the result was way too big. Other idea I had was to limit the reheat temperature or to rise the heating coil design temperature but it didn't work. Everytime I take some of the control from the reheat coils, the rooms' heating immediately starts to malfunction.

Once again many thanks for your help, patience and time!