RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Natural Ventilation

What you are doing is very similar to what Mr. Ooi KB was doing in his project.

He found that the an air speed over the human skin provides comfortable cool feeling and can raised the temperature limits set by ASHRAE.

If you have a room with two windows, the velocity x window area (one only, in at one and out the other) is the air volume flowing through.

Infiltration object does not use energy, but may require external wind velocity.  Ventilation object has a fan to force the air through.

AirflowNetwork3zVent.idf
AirflowNetwork_MultiZone_House.idf
AirflowNetwork_Simple_House.idf

I am not sure which of the above I looked at two years ago.  Probably the multi-zone one, as I recall it has a window to one room, a door between rooms and a window in the second room.  The air flow passes the building with wind coming from different directions and at different speed.  There are also cracks on the walls.

I have not tried to add any heating or cooling to it.

I did not go more work on that because I found that the use of external shading is more efficient.

 Dr. Li