Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: criterion of comfort

On 7/26/2011 8:11 AM, amyquartette wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion. With the thermal comfort model for the people object I can get a variable value for each zone or zonelist, right?

Actually it's reported for the people in a zone. There are also options for how to calculate if there are multiple people objects (rare case).

What I really want is a value for an annual summary of the whole building like unmet hours or uncomfortable hours. I think the ASHRAE 55-2004 is a good model for me, but the range of comfort from ASHRAE 55-2004 is a bit too small, can I creat my own comfort value, and let EnergyPlus make a output of time not comfortable?

I don't think you can specify the comfort zone.

Also, after you run the simulation with the thermal comfort models included, look in the eio file for the report variables to use. They look something like this:

Output:Variable,*,Time Any Zone Temperature Oscillating,hourly; !- HVAC Sum [hr]
Output:Variable,*,FangerPMV,hourly; !- Zone Average []
Output:Variable,*,FangerPPD,hourly; !- Zone Average []
Output:Variable,*,Clothing Surface Temperature,hourly; !- Zone Average [C]
Output:Variable,*,ThermalComfortMRT,hourly; !- Zone Average [C]
Output:Variable,*,ThermalComfort Operative Temperature,hourly; !- Zone Average [C]
Output:Variable,*,Time Not Comfortable Summer Clothes,hourly; !- Zone Sum [hr]
Output:Variable,*,Time Not Comfortable Winter Clothes,hourly; !- Zone Sum [hr]
Output:Variable,*,Time Not Comfortable Summer Or Winter Clothes,hourly; !- Zone Sum [hr]
Output:Variable,*,Time Not Comfortable Summer Clothes Any Zone,hourly; !- Zone Sum [hr]
Output:Variable,*,Time Not Comfortable Winter Clothes Any Zone,hourly; !- Zone Sum [hr]
Output:Variable,*,Time Not Comfortable Summer Or Winter Clothes Any Zone,hourly; !- Zone Sum [hr]

Thanks!