From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jean marais
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:03 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Fan Coil - Recirculating only

I'm having trouble with setting up the 4 pipe FC so that the intake and supply is the zone air node.
Q1) Do I need the mixing box? I think so. I think so, too.  This object will be the same as you define for an outdoor economizer.  You may define it with zero outdoor air, but all of the nodes must be defined.
Q2) How do I set up the relief node?  Define the node in your mixer in the same manner as any mixer
Q3) The ODA node is the zone air node, correct? Outdoor air node must be defined independently and is NOT the zone air node.  It must also be noted in an OutdoorAir:Node or :NodeList object

ZoneHVAC:FourPipeFanCoil,
FC PavilionS:PavilionS Fan Coil,!- Name
HVACTemplate-Always 1, !- Availability Schedule Name
ConstantFanVariableFlow,!- Capacity Control Method
autosize,!- maximum air flow rate {m3/s}
,!- Low Speed Supply Air Flow Ratio
,!- Medium Speed Supply Air Flow Ratio
autosize,!- maximum outside air flow rate {m3/s}
,!- Outside Air Schedule Name
FC PavilionS:PavilionS Fan Coil Return,!- Air Inlet Node Name
FC PavilionS:Pavilion