[EnergyPlus_Support] Zone Heat Balance

Hi Team,

 I've been doing some detailed analysis of zone heat balances while investigating the use of the chilled ceiling component in the detailed HVAC module of DesignBuilder and then analysing the results using EnergyPlus. However, my query arises from a zone where all cooling is provided by the air-side system. I'm getting ~120W/m² heat gain from the glazing while Zone Sensible Cooling output is <60W/m². This discrepancy raised a bit of a question mark.

 I've looked at the results in the E+ sql file and discovered a similar discrepancy which I have no explanation for. The E+ Input/Output references states that the variable "Zone Transmitted Solar" is "The total Window Transmitted Solar of all the exterior windows in a zone" and also "Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Rate" "represents the sensible cooling rate in Watts that is actually supplied by the system to that zone for the timestep reported".

 So my thinking is that the "Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Rate" should balance out with the zone loads, in particular "Zone Transmitted Solar". Yet this is not the case.

 Have I missed something? Another variable to capture additional cooling?

 Your assistance is appreciated.

 Thanks
 Matt