Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: construction

The object is extensible if, in the code, it can accept more than the items shown in the IDD.
Then, you can fiddle the IDD and allow it to happen.  But internally, it will already do that for any extensible object.

the Construction object is NOT extensible.  You cannot have more than 10 layers.

At 09:29 AM 10/6/2011, mpizosdim wrote:

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mpizosdim" <mpizosdim@...> wrote:

> what sould i do if my constuction has more than 10 layers?i see in idf editor i can use no more than 10.
> Thanks anyway,Dimitris

i saw now in the manual that there is a commant ''\extensible:<#>'' and writes this ''This object is dynamically extensible -- meaning, if you! change the IDD appropriately (if the object has a simple list! structure -- just add items to the list arguments (i.e. BRANCH! LIST). These will be automatically redimensioned and used during! the simulation. <#> should be entered by the developer to signify! how many of the last fields are needed to be extended (and EnergyPlus! will attempt to auto-extend the object). The first field of the first ! instance of the extensible field set is marked with \begin-extensible.''
i dint understand exactly the way it says..