[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Tolerance and Unmet Hours

You may have understood this wrong.

If your Cooling Setpoint is 25 deg C, then your systems will try and achieve 25. When they fail to achieve 27 (I.e. 25 + tolerance) for any given time, that time will be binned to Time SetPoint Not Met.

This means (if you report with "timestep" interval instead of hourly the room temperature and the  Time SetPoint Not Met you can check this) that each timestep that your system does not manage 27, the time will be recorded.  The system is aiming for 25 and failing even 27.