[EnergyPlus_Support] WMO Station 107290

My LEED reviewer says I should have climate zone 5. The stat file claims 4A (design builder and Google Earth claim 4C), but is wrong firstly because, like the hourly ann. weather file, it has zero for rain entries. If I use CDD and HDD values listed in the stat file, I come to 4B. ASHRAE HOF CD-ROM has HDD and CDD values differ from both the stat file and values listed in ASHRAE 90.1-2007 for this weather station.

My location is actually 40 km north of this location where the closest weather station is 107275. ASHRAE HOF CD-ROM has HDD and CDD values for this location as well. These would also put me in Zone 5.

Since my insulation values, etc. for the baseline building depend on the climate zone, it is important to use the correct climate zone as basis. As most of my energy usage is for heating, I would have a better energy performance vs. a baseline with worse insulation.

Using climate zone 4 is conservative and will award less points, so changing to 5 is beneficial.

However, I am simulating using an hourly ann. weather file based on WMO Station 107290, that was probably used to generate the stat file. I don't know what to do.