[EnergyPlus_Support] Solar Hot Water to Radiant Floor

Hello All,

I am trying to set up a system in which the water from a solar hot water array will then circulate through a radiant floor slab.  I've considered using the ZoneHVAC:LowTemperatureRadiant:VariableFlow object in conjunction with the SolarCollector:FlatPlate:Water object, but is this the best option.  I'm not sure, I haven't gotten far enough yet, but the ZoneHVAC:LowTemperatureRadiant:VariableFlow requires it's hot/cold water to come from Plant level equipment.  Is this correct?  What would be the best way to then set up a flow direct from the solar panel to the radiant flooring?

Also, in control of the water temperature, I would like for the temperature to float with the outside temperature.  This way, for the night time conditions, the cool water will continue to flow through the  system and provide a "night flush" to the floor slab.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Four weeks till my Master's thesis presentation!!!

Patrick

--
Patrick J Keeney
MArch-MSSD Candidate