[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Energy Models for existing buildings

On the OpenSudio website we have a retrofit guide that contains video tutorials, sample files, and an interactive PDF.

The goal of the retrofit guide is to show workflows for quickly creating energy models of existing buildings and then evaluating various retrofit options. It shows a variety of methods for modeling the building envelope, but the focus is on modeling from photographs. The guide uses smart defaults for constructions, internal loads, and schedules. These default values are building type, climate zone and vintage specific. They are intended as a starting point, but you can customize the data so it is more specific to your project.

Here is a link to the retrofit guide on our website:
https://openstudio.nrel.gov/energy-modeling-retrofit-projects

And here is a link to the YouTube playlist. It starts off very basic, explaining what a thermal zone, is, but jumps into more advanced subjects as you get deeper into it.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF80F250937E2A648

Let me know if you have any questions.

David

--