RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] GetSurfaceData Warning (Node Connection and System Problems )

Node Connection and System Problems

Because you did not have  complete systems in the IDF, it is difficult to find the problem.  A one zone building does behave the same as a multi-unit building.  The 5 zone model is the best for learning and finding out the performance of HVAC and building characteristics.

It does not make sense to have only branch in the splitter and mixer pair.  Therefore, I have not done any thing to the IDF, until I get some clarification from you.
=======================
You are in HangZhou.  The weather is not very severe.  Small residential building does not need HVAC.  A small indoor heating unit is sufficient for Winter.  Natural ventural ventilation is sufficient for Summer.
====================
Of course, with the new western style high rise building, the buildings are designed for HVAC application.

Low temperature radiant system is not really energy efficient.

Air to air Heatpump would not work below 5°C, although it can be left unused outdoor with freezing temperature.  Your water to air HP is not possible to implement.  Split unit with DX would be for cooling only.  Air to air HP can use the same coil for heating.  You cannot use it to heat the water and then feed the under floor unit.

If the an  duct is used, the split unit and electrict/gas air heater would be the most efficient.  If you use fan and Dx coil in each room, then simple electric or water base board heat would be most common combination.

Under floor heating using electric wire costs more to instal.  Under floor heating using water pipes has many ptoblems.

======================
You cannot mix template and non-template components in the same branch or loop before expansion.  After expansion, all the components are non-template, and therefore can be modified using normal components.

You can simulate a PTAC or PTHP template, and a low tempratture radiant separately and then cut and past usint the expIDF code lines and another IDF without repeating the common building and control sections.

You also have the thermostat control mixed up.  Template provides you with type 4 theremostat control.  You only have type 1 and 2 setpoints in the IDF.

Outdoor air control is also not clear.  You need to include it with the AHU or the zone unit.

As you are in Hangzhou, if you send me the full building and the full original IDF, I shall have a look at it.

Dr. Li.

The following is extracted from your file posted to the Problem Submition.

Dear E+ Group,

I am trying to simulate an apartment with split air conditioners and under floor heating system with outdoor heat pump. In summer split air conditioners would be used for cooling and in winter firstly the under floor heating and secondly the split air conditioners would also help for heating.

I have used the objects from HVAC Templates and Zone HVAC, and then worked with an EXPIDF file.

Now I have 9 errors with Node Connection (please see below). And because my major is not HVAC, I do think the IDF File has some problems for simulating the HVAC system.

Could you have a look at my IDF File and give some advice? Thank you very much!

Regards,

Amy

P.S. I left only one zone in the uploaded Problem to reduce the size of the IDF file.