From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jvd2pe
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 3:00 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Unmet Load hours

Dear Forum,
Feedback requested, please!
It strikes me that an ASHRAE 90.1 "Baseline" model with a lot of zones is more likely to have higher total unmet load hours just becasue it has more zones.
For example, there's a higher statistical likelihood that one zone out of 50 will have a problem than one zone out of 5.
On the other hand, if all of the zones are sized using the same criteria, maybe not.
It sure seems like the model I'm working on now is making my life difficult trying to get unmet load hours below 300!