RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Running E+ on the "cloud"

Dear Marcus,

Keeping in mind that this is somewhat hypothetical at the moment…

It’s my understanding that E+ spends the most time figuring out the energy balance of all the mass in the building. Additional time, although of a smaller magnitude, is spent on HVAC energy balances and report variables.  That said, I am imagining:

·         A multi-use facility (i.e., many different occupancy types and HVAC systems)

·         In a roughly 300,000 m2 (3,200,000 ft2) facility

·         Which wants to attain LEED certification

I anticipate no difficulty creating HVAC systems since my past experience covers most or all of the systems, but the sheer size suggests that there will be a LOT of run time, even on a fast PC.  My strategy will be to prepare small portions of the building and its HVAC individually, test them and make sure unmet load hours are acceptable.  After the smaller portions are complete, I’ll join them together for a complete building simulation and the various rotations.

In this scenario, I should be able to keep several building portions und