From: wyatt.kennedy21 <wyatt.kennedy21@xxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:52 AM
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Variable flow chilled ceiling input water temperature too high

I have created a variable flow chilled ceiling system for an office building. I used Design Builder to build the initial model. I have a setpoint manager on the chilled water supply that should control the temperature to 15 C. I am having a problem where the input temperature for the chilled ceiling is too high. Please refer to my uploaded screenshots: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/files/Variable%20Flow%20Chilled%20Ceiling%20/ . I have made sure to check that my internal loads are correct are too high. The "chilled water" input temperature into the chilled ceiling gets as high as 35 C. I have a few ideas as to what the problem may be involving:
  • If you have a variable flow chilled ceiling, does the attached chilled water loop have to be a variable flow loop or is there a way to have constant flow loop with bypass?
  • The chiller output temperature is matching the the input temperature to the chilled ceiling so it may have something to do with the chiller
I didnt have this problem when the chilled ceiling was constant flow (the input temperature was always 15 C and so was the output temp of the chiller), so it has something to do with changing the chilled ceiling to variable flow. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Wyatt