[EnergyPlus_Support] ConductionFiniteDifference Algorithm in E+ V7

Dear EnergyPlus Users,

I'm having both E+ V6 and V7 on my machine.

I used the ConductionFiniteDifference (CDF) algorithm in E+ V6 at a time step of 1 (i.e. 1 hr) and compared it to my own code that I have developed. E+ plus V6 gives results that are comparable to the CTF algorithm even at a time step of 1. This is still work!!.

However, the V7 gives an error when the time step is 1(i.e. 1 hr) when I selected CDF algorithm . It looks like that we are forced to use a time step more  than 20 (i.e. less than 3 minutes) to get a reasonable results. I did use time step of 20 as recommended by E+ manual and it worked. However, I need to know if V7 does not support that any more especially  Crank-Nicholson scheme (implicit+explicit) is added recently.

Regards,
Saleh NJ AL-Saadi
University of Colorado at Boulder
Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering