[EnergyPlus_Support] AFN and HVACTemplates on large model

Hi All,

this is my first venture into the user forum.

I am modelling natural ventilation options on a University building in Perth, Western Australia. I have some questions about the interaction of the AFN and VAV system (implemented with Templates) and general conceptual questions.

Given that the building has hundreds of small office spaces, I have zoned the model according to the AHU's which serve groups of offices and classrooms and ignored the internal partitions in these zones.

Hence I may be underestimating the thermal mass and overestimating the effect of the infiltration...

If I add internal partitions as adiabatic walls I will increase the thermal mass and inertia in the zone, but how will these walls affect the flow of air modelled with the Air Flow Network?

Also, is it thru schedules that I set up night cooling? I will set the HVAC to run during HVAC occupancy and set the windows to open during Window_Opening_Schedule which will be outside HVAC hours.

But what sort of infiltration during HVAC office hours does that allow? Perhaps I should just set the AFN to run 24/7 with windows opening after hours for night cooling ?

Thanks in advance for your comments/advice/feedback
dont spare my feelings if I need to be directed on forum etiquette
Tom