To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: brent.griffith@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:01:31 -0700
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] how to simulate vacuum glass

One way is to model the vacuum gap using an equivalent ?gas? approach.  The WindowMaterial:Gas object has Gas Type of ?Custom? and allows user to set the gas properties.  If you already have the overall performance of the glazing assembly, you can use the WindowMaterial:SimpleGlazingSystem object and not do a layer-by-layer description.