[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Multiple secondary loops in chiller plant

Someone from eplus might tell me off if this is not workable, please.

Energy plus normally can't handle your wanted air configuration. I've not tried this myself, but here's an idea:
1) put an exhaust fan before the mixing object in your AHU1 with heatexchanger (we'll call this the exhaust AHU). I believe there is an example file with the added exhaust fan configuration (usually the AHU supply fan is the only one).
2) Split the "to be exhausted space" with an IRtransparent material into two seperate zones. We're going to try to bring supply air in to the one half and exhaust out the other.
3) connect the imaginary split zones with 3 mixing objects (one for each direction to keep the zone well mixed and the third to move air from the supply half to the exhaust half with a flowrate equal to the exhaust rate).
4) Supply the one half with the supply to the whole zone. If you do this with a 'supply' AHU, then you will get unbalanced flow warnings because the expected exhaust air (usually equal to the supply air) is in fact not going back to the supply AHU, because you are robbing it away and moving it over to the exhaust half zone with your 3rd mixing object.
5) Here's the part that will probably not work. Supply the exhaust half zone with the exhaust AHU for the exhaust amount and then thottle off the supply airflow at the Terminal Unit. See if you still get the exhaust rate through the exhaust AHU.

I suggest you try this on a 2 zone model before implimenting it on your actual project.

I don't know if anyone has tried this before (I should hope someone has because your configuration is actually quite common).

Last of all, this may not be the only possible work around.

Sorry the response is so late, but I'm working in my own time to at the moment.

If you try this, let us know the outcome.