Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Which software to use?

IES VE, especially latest version,  is extremely powerful all-in-one energy analysis software! I've worked in it.. it's easy to use, beautiful GUI,  flexible, easy modeling modifications of any kind, with bunch of different modules available! The downside is that it costs an arm and a leg even with basic features.. but hey, you can't have it all. There is 30 days free trial, so give it a shot..

On the other hand, EnergyPlus and all Open Studio plugins are completely free, but in my experience can become really time consuming if you're using them separately.. for example OS just for modeling and E+ for simulation runs! A new GUI for E+ is expected this year by DOE, so you can check it out here: http://simulationresearch.lbl.gov/projects/gui We'll just have o wait and see..

P.S. Also, check out gModeller, a Green Space plugin for Sketchup. Modeling-vise only, it can be a piece of cake, so that later on you can use those models in E+ via Open Studio.

Cheers