[EnergyPlus_Support] Equipment Summary Tables

Hi all,

In the Equipment Summary Report related to the two Cooling Coil tables, what is the difference b/t the "Nominal" rating table and the "Net" rating table?

How does E+ assess this performance penalty?

Details:
I'm working with the DOE Commercial Reference Building Small Office. It has five PSZ w/ gas heat systems.

The Equipment Summary has two tables related to the Cooling Coils.
One is "Cooling Coil"; the other is "DX Cooling Coil".

In this model, all five capacities are downgraded 4%, and the efficiencies are decreased by about 16% or 17%.

Can someone shed some light on this? Much obliged!

Second question:
I need to capture the Max Cooling Load seen by the AC equipment (either DX coil or chilled water system), will it suffice to find the max value of the "Coil Total Cooling Rate" output variable?
e.g., PSZ-AC:1_COOLC DXCOIL:DX Coil Total Cooling Rate[W](Hourly)
(I haven't looked at a chiller system yet..so not sure what variable that would be..)

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much for your help,
Will