Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: A question about using real-time weather data to do a simulation

If the real time weather from the NREL site has global solar, then the weather converter will perform a split.  If the weather data entered does not have any solar, the weather converter makes an approximation using parameters to calculate global horizontal values and then does the split into beam and diffuse.

It was my recollection that the NREL real-time site had solar, but you would have to download one to check.