[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Heating/Setpoint Controller

I also usually have this problem. There are a few solutions.
1) The one is to control the exit temp of the cooling coil at the exit so that when the zone calls for cooling you deliver cold air. Since the heating coil follows the cooling coil, it now sees really cold air comming in and looks at the outlet of the heating coil temp, compares to the zone temp and would usually try to heat this...to help with this issue you could employ the following controller on the heating coil to minimize coil fighting. This uses a sliding scale for the coil exit temp on the heating coil.

  SetpointManager:SingleZone:Heating,
    118129 Heating Supply Air Temp Manager,  !- Name
    Temperature,             !- Control Variable
    -99.,                    !- Minimum Supply Air Temperature {C}
    32.,                     !- Maximum Supply Air Temperature {C}
    118129,                  !- Control Zone Name
    118129 Zone Air Node,    !- Zone Node Name
    118129 Zone Equip Inlet, !- Zone Inlet Node Name
    118129 AHU Air Loop Outlet;  !- Setpoint Node or NodeList Name

At the same time you want to maximize cold outdoor air when it is preverable to do so, which means using econimizer control at the mixing box. Here the control reference node could also be shifted. Note: you can't use the same node twice for control.

PS Control with DOAS is often a bit tricky, I found.