[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: ASHRAE 90.1 G3.1.1

1) High Setpoint method:
I know this method has worked for people doing LEED. Though I do believe that the "lacking systems" were still modeled...they just don't turn on.

2) My problem with it, is that when you read the 90.1 users handbook you realize that the REASON ashrae is telling you to model the cooling system is because ashrae (rightly in my opinion) believes that if the occupants end up in discomfort they WILL retrofit a cooling system which would probably be less efficient than one if it was included from the start. So when LEED is all about the INTENT of things, I would say you should

a)  model a cooling system (coil in AHU) or

b) proove by simulation that your room air temps are seldom above 26 deg C AND that these zones have the option to Naturally Ventilate. And quote the CIBSE AM10 which suggests that the tolerance (I.e. PMV) of occupants at up to 28 deg C is still in acceptable ranges (I.e. < 20% dissatisfied) if they have the abillity to ventilate with windows. I would look up the exact paragraph.

The cooling coil in the AHU is easier, and I believe, meets the intent although the system is not identical.