[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: U-factor floor in contact with ground

Hello Jason,
you are right: to calculate the U-Factor EnergyPlus considers the one-dimensional model. Do you think that the "Building envelope requirements" of ASHRAE (Table 5.5) consider only the built part of the construction, i.e. they do not consider the thermal resistance relative to the ground? I thought that a model which considers also the thermal resistance relative to the ground, i.e. a three dimensional phenomenon, should be used. I mean, a model similar to the model which is proposed by the European technical standards. See the paragraph 9 of ISO 13370:
http://wiki.pato.metid.polimi.it/@api/deki/files/637/=ISO_13370-2007.pdf
Best Regards
Francesco