[EnergyPlus_Support] Zone Ventilation Fan Electric Consumption

Dear all,

I have modeled an office room with night time forced ventilation that turns on when the outdoor temperature is 2 degrees below the indoor temperature. Since I am not familiar with HVAC systems I am having difficulty obtaining the fan electric consumption using an ideal air loads system. I have attached my .IDF file to this email. If anyone has the time to look at the Ventilation Object and help me figure out the "Zone Ventilation fan electric consumption" I would greatly appreciate it.

Furthermore, the I/O Reference states that when using the balanced "ventilation type" as opposed to intake or exhaust, the fan electric consumption would be twice that of intake or exhaust. When in fact, intuitively it seems as though if you have two fans working in tandem (one intake, one exhaust = Balanced) each fan only needs to work half as much if there were only one fan, to get the job done?

Thanking you,
Niraj Poudel

--
Niraj Poudel, Architectural Engineer.