[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Infiltration affected by gaps between walls?

Your concern depends on what you are trying to achieve. Using the "simple" infiltration objects, you could define leakage per outdoor bounding walls or per all outdoor bounding areas. Using the more complex AFN the user must manually define all flow paths. There is no automation to calculate the perimeter crack length of windows, doors, walls, etc. DesignBuilder can partly automate the AFN creation and can assign a flow path for each sub-surface element (door/window), as well as some of the controls and managers used in AFNetworks.

When simulating the air flows due to the opening of doors and windows, you'll need to make some sacrifices, assumptions, simplifications.

But if you're only concerned with energy usage due to leakage infiltration, in modern buildings that are mechanically ventilated, then the fraction of energy usage attributed to leakage infiltration is most likely very low, therefore accuracy is of lesser importance here (in my opinion).