[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Underfloor Cooling Plenum

Wow! What a great problem. Very interesting. Without looking at other replies, I will comment:

1) The bounding conditions (outside of floor slab) should be considered. Is it ground or adjacent zone?

2) The volume of the main zone must be overwritten in the Zone object to subtract the space of the IT Boxes.

3) Is the zone air ventilation stradegy using displacement ventilaion (UFAD) or is the zone air (temperature) well mixed? If the first case is prevalent, then consider the other RoomAirModel objects available in e+.

4) I would consider to model the underfloor partition as a seperate zone, i.e. a plenum supply zone. This may then require the use of an AFN or a ZoneMixing object.

5) I would consider other simpler ways such as not modelling the underfloor partition and assigning a constant temp (that of the supply air) to the thin floor plate (which contruction mass and thermal properties should take into consideration the missing mass from the perforation and thermal breaks) using the OthersideCoefficient objects on the floor.

6) I would consider using very high convection coefficient on the floor surface (There is an eplus object that can assign this to a surface...I don't remember the name.

Sorry...only six points now...if I think of more I'll post.

Enjoy!