RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Recent, Custom Weather Data

You did not specify your location and where is your nearest weather station.

Normally, you will not get all the data listed in the EPW from a meteorological station.

If you simply wanted to see how a real time data look like check out the Solar Radiation research Lab. at Golden,  http://www.nrel.gov/midc/srrl_bms/display/  (I think, it was from Edwin Lee's post)  The chart is up dated avery minute.

Many Universities have their own monitoring stations.

Google will also give you may links to different stations.  ODT, wind speed and direction, rain or fine condition. up dated every half hour.  They are for marine and air navigation purposes.

The instrument to measure global solar radiation is not that expensive.

If you are designing a building with good energy conservation properties, the use of  live local weather data is not essential.

Data in the epw is the TMY data, which is the statistical data over the last 30 or 40 years, with the extreme conditions removed.  The ASHRAE IWEC is for energy consumption comparison purposes.

The designDay object allow a user to enter different daily distribution shape-curve of OD temperature, RH,  wind velocity, and solar radiatin comonsnts using  schedules.  In fact I seldom use the weather file simulation for my projects.

 Dr. Li