To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 01:27:32 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: File - NOTICE - SPAM and HIJACKED subscribers

On a somber note, about a month ago I thought my Yahoo account was hijacked. I received a spurious E-mail from the jacker and returned E-mails from invalid address book addresses.

Then I looked at the header of this E-mail sent to me. Through reverse DNS it was from Thailand. It was sent through the Yahoo server, but at a time that none of my systems were up and running. I check on my profile for past 24 hours of log-ins revealed that no one logged into my account at the time these E-mails were sent.

Thus I gathered that someone had hacked the Yahoo E-mail server.

In E-mailing others, found that some had similar occurrences.

My attempts to contact Yahoo were in vain, encountering mazes of help screens and no way to contact their Yahoo administration. Thus I gather they do not want to be bothered at all.

I don't disagree with your E-mail and yes, I agree that those who have tainted PC's need to clean up and purge their PC's of viruses and root kits.

Just FYI, sometimes other things can happen. For reasons of security, I use Linux and bought my daughter in college a Mac.

Sincerely,
George Hostler