Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Different results from meter vs HTML- witch is correct?

Brent,

Doesn't Source Energy and Site Energy differ from each other by a factor of about 3.1? If so, Jeremiah's heating energy seems fairly close together? Source and Site Energy, however, does seem to explain the trend in cooling and fan energy.

Niraj

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Griffith, Brent <brent.griffith@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think you are compare source energy to site energy.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeremiah Crossett
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 1:26 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Different results from meter vs HTML- witch is correct?

Tell me it is not so- the meter file disagrees with the HTML file- and if this is so than who is correct- meter or HTML..? I have noticed this before- but now really need to get to the bottom of this- Possibly Linda or another will point out some very obvious thing I missed-

I run the attached file- and get the attached results- then divide 1,000,000,000 J to get one GJ- then compare the results- way different . The same goes for kWh, but the J to GJ conversion is most simple-

Any insight as to why e+ would do such a thing would be very welcomed-

 Inline image 4

Inline image 3

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions

120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile 503-688-8951

www.phasechange.com

--
Niraj Poudel, Architectural Engineer.
PhD student, PDBE Program.