From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of academicryan
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 3:48 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Indoor air temperature LOWER than ambient temperature

Hi

I've been doing E+ simulation for over half a year now and feel like I have a good grasp of it. But one thing I can't figure out is why I sometimes get results of indoor temperature being lower than ambient temperature. This often occurs during the early morning, 3am-9am. In reality this is impossible so I'm very confused by this result.

Can someone please explain to me why E+ produces this result?

If requested, I can attach additional information such as .idf or excel graph.

Many thanks,

Ryan