[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Problem with Peak results in Summary Reports: a suggestion

Thanks Jean for your answer.

You are right in pointing out the limitation of using TMY data (although simulation weather file may not be typical, it depends on the source) for equipment sizing. However, DesignDays sometimes are not adequate specially when solar radiation is relevant and the building may have differently oriented zones.

Also, energy efficient designs often admit some disconfort moments with a more adjusted equipment size (or taking into consideration elements as heat recovery, which E+ sizing does not consider) and often annual simulation is used in the process, also to estimate equipment sizes.

I understand what you mean but I also think that simulation can be useful for efficient sizing if the designer is aware of the "non extreme quality" (sorry for my english) of the weather file.

Regards,

Germán.