From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeremiah Crossett
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2012 7:02 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] The eco roof simulation E+ example file

Hopefully Dr YI is not offended, by my answering this- but please:

  1. Watch the intro videos about how Energy Plus works  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfqEXN-icQA (there are a few on you tube but this is a good starter)
  2. Do the intro exercises (these will give you a practical understanding
  3. Search for the item you want to model in the documentation that comes with Energy Plus

The attached file comes with energy plus> example files>ecoroof Orlando

  • It is possible to build any facade you want in energy plus, but I am unsure what you are talking about with regards to the import.

I started with modification of IDF files to model systems rather then buildings and was able learn the basics in about a month, and got very comfortable with most functions of the software within 2 years.

Best regards

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions

120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile 503-688-8951

www.phasechange.com