Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] VRF system: Cooling only

Did you try setting availability schedule of heating coil to always zero?

On 9/24/2012 4:40 PM, caveleza wrote:

Hello!

I'm trying to simulate a VRF system, but I need to simulate it with only cooling, and so far I'm having trouble doing it. I had tried:

- Setting the heat pump heating capacity to 0: E+ don't let me do it.
- Setting the DX heating coil capacity/airflow: gives me the error about the flow per watts.
- tried to remove the coil: E+ started to give me weird errors.

So far the only thing that seams to "work", is to set the minimum Temp outdoor and the maximum temp outdoor of the heat pump (both in heating mode) very high, so the heat pump can never work in heating mode, but while the heating coil stoped working (wich is what I needed), the cooling coil is working when it shouldn't (zone temp is about 10 C and the cooling setpoint is 24 C). If somebody knows a "correct" or functional way to shut down the heating coil, it will be very helpfull.

All this trouble is beacause I need to replace the DX heating coil with an electric heating coil, wich is another problem that I haven't resolve, so any help will be very appreciated.

Thank you!