Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Reg: Energyplus version 6.1

Your comments are a good reason for USERS to keep older versions of software.  But, not necessarily, for the development team to try to support them.  the updater programs will fully update correct syntax from one version to the next.  I can't guarantee that manual conversions will be correct -- I have seen too many times that they are incomplete.

You have not kept up with licensing:
http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/energyplus_licensing.cfm

And -- you would need to get distribution licenses for the older versions.  Only V7 and later are covered under the new licensing scheme.

We do not have resources to try to keep an archive of older versions.  That would imply that we would then have to support same -- such as if they couldn't now install.  Or couldn't install on operating systems -- which is more a problem for Linux and Mac than Windows, but still.