Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] SRI/Refelectivity study

Thanks for your response. I found a document on Cool roof and it says:

"The most important feature of an ideal cool roof is that its surface strongly reflects sunlight.
The surface of an ideal cool roof should also efficiently cool itself by emitting thermal radiation.
Thus, a cool roof should have both high ?solar reflectance? (ability to reflect sunlight, measured
on a scale of 0 to 1) and high ?thermal emittance? (ability to emit thermal radiation, also
measured on a scale of 0 to 1). The solar reflectance and thermal emittance of a surface are
called its ?radiative? properties because they describe its abilities to reflect solar radiation and
emit thermal radiation".

http://coolcolors.lbl.gov/assets/docs/fact-sheets/Cool-roof-Q%2BA.pdf

It means cool roof has both the properties i.e. Thermal reflectance and Solar Reflectance so according to this i need to consider both the values for cool Roof. Please guide me on this..

Regards!