[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Issues simulating a hotel located in Colombia
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Issues simulating a hotel located in Colombia
- From: "jhidalgo131" <julianahidalgo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 10:22:49 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 07:38:43 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1349789921; bh=uF69p/w8nf0AwKDx4OvI9FTT7XWeCpVI1gvueCTsp1o=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=W87paw7IP2YLhjKHuZnRtuQcxfJBYM19L2pay6yLWWXkMtjWlgTGKEH/XhFVtBGrPkqiaYq7HRiSFJaMs+SU/RSEDo44NXcWn/IUL/YfffmzgyGdE+IpSeLu7Vag/Jxn
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1349789919; bh=Gd/OzqMsPYLQYqvU6kS3xmlk/uzbtQ0ZDJYyNmHAf+A=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=DK30BN+JOIiKDgZyTkZkGqHcdBt3Co+3OvAASI9G/Te0ycZrGCcaU9c+XMrKjqYz4zTXTQ5vzSYXVKv2QE26h3LkH8jmlG+nDZwlVWrBVvhIq1+PsLgvHowaWZQQqxM6
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com; b=SuRUiStLvRohMsqXvJqDCWIPHDl/P354R3zFJ4M3GOVMzHWnsN4x1mdpSNokUFwsrD+1NEDQSjE8l1WOAGbiX79WReA/p2hD7JkKg9CX6N1F9k2ewqUz99TSQG/IMhEG;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
Good morning to all
I'm new with energyplus and I'm having a hard time making a simulation of a 9-story hotel (2500 m2) located in Bogota, Colombia.
I've found out in other forums that Bogota can be classified as 3C climate zone, so at this point I've defined all the building using openstudio, the large hotel template and the default construction sets and space types for 3C zone according to the ashrae standard 90.1, since we are trying to obtain a LEED certification for this building.
At this moment I'm at the beginning of the simulation process and I made a first run in energy+ just to know the thermal loads for the spaces I defined. I don't understand the results that I get for district cooling (197 GJ) and district heating (68 GJ) at the tables, because Bogota is a cold city with a range of temperatures between 5ºC and 15ºC and occasionally 20ºC. Does this mean that maybe the building has an excess of insulation because of the default characteristics that I used? Is it a mistake to assume that Bogota can be classified as a 3C zone? Do anyone have experience simulating buildings in Colombia? I'm just trying to understand how the program works, so I'd really appreciate help with this.
Thanks a lot and best regards,
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: