Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: system 8 - ASHRAE 90.1 G

Thank you, Jean. I was also curious to know the correct implication of section G3.1.2.5 in LEED projects. The reason being we have completed couple of prestigious projects in US and kept the OA same in both the cases though 30% higher OA Credit was targeted in the score card.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 2:31 AM, Jim Dirkes <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you, Jean. I am corrected (and now smarter).

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
www.buildingperformanceteam.com
Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services
1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 USA
616 450 8653

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jean marais
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:56 PM

To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: system 8 - ASHRAE 90.1 G

Regarding the Baseline ODA requirement...I posted the questin on LeedUser EAp2 forum: "The Baseline model ODA requirements are ALWAYS (baring a few exceptions like DV) equal to that of the proposed design model, even if the project is also applying for the increased ventilation (+30%) credit. "

Mark Scheffer (did I get the name right), the forum expert has confirmed. But as I probably have my memories from this forum, it may be worth asking a different source. ASHRAE at least demands this. But LEED sometimes asks for deviations from the standard 90.1 (seldom), so maybe check some addenda or CIRs. Most of the reviewers (from what I've heard) are quite sticky that it should match.

Goodluck

Jean

--

Javed Iqbal, LEED AP, CEA