From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of geertbellens
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 3:54 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] experiance with HAMT model

Hi,

i'm an experienced Designbuilder user and sometimes I use E+ to complete the model for those things Designbuilder can't do.

I've had a question to simulate the effect of moisture buffering of walls on the indoor climate of a museum.

I've seen that E+ has a HAMT model to simulate this.

A question regarding HAMT in Designbuilder on the DB forum last year gave the following answer:

"I wonder though whether you are referring to the combined heat and mositure transfer capability in E+? We have looked at implementing this but are not satisfied that the current E+ finite difference calculations are sufficiently robust and these are required for E+ moisture transfer calculations. We therefore decided to drop the option from DesignBuilder until the E+ capability is finished."

So here is my question: who has positive experiences with the HAMT model in E+ ? Is it robust enough to predict the effect of moisture buffering in walls?

Geert Bellens