To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: migue885@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:41:35 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Thermostat Control vs System Availability Schedule

Hi all,

I tried these two ways to control the air conditioning system:

1) Imposing a Thermostat Schedule. For example, in the winter during office activity 20ºC and 0º during all other times, and in the summer 25ºC and 50 ºC. System Availability Schedule 24h/365days.

2) Imposing a System Availability Schedule defining office times with 1 and all other times 0 with a constant cooling and heating Thermostate setpoint (the same 20ºC/25ºC and office times).

I simulated these two possibilities with the same conditions and the results are different. Does anyone know what could be the reason?
I used HVACtemplate:zone:unitary and HVACtemplate:system:unitaryheatpump:airtoair.