[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Insulating wooden floor raised 400mm from ground in temperate climates
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Insulating wooden floor raised 400mm from ground in temperate climates
- From: "Ooi" <ooi_kb3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 23:42:30 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:42:35 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echo; t=1353109352; bh=a+O9ChIaX/NG+LEcKDJ4KeDDhRmD9HBnJhlF7+s2d0M=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=CP8/5A/8UYD6XqLBS71EnZjU53WtWr2uBSho7c2nhTtvpq9k2OMhLq/a+PflZ8W1ejOmju8M66nvyFiZhwQquqbjGYXAUox35qFsN2oWKN6ZmRBwzOR5v1QzOmleQSEZJwAkz7pYcW47gjPdAyyPpTC7ufGMSG5SsjNnd5o9ZVo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echo; d=yahoogroups.com; b=WPfJtlePDNuf///C6lr5onpBjO3u5HwviQ1am5pBudhJv+IuXRDsyQhMoSej1gBcrNlCDbx3Ry4kB8MBXnJOs9tlRa+ShvzKM259oIkI7S/qWkQH4Jcp/BmeoknrZj5ylnrXWWFbgh4D54tGcZfme2JL2f1tVRNQOm+sjZST4OU=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
i have a 12 m x 12 m single storey with wooden floor. This house is located 37.7 degrees south of the equator on the eastern side of a very big land mass. The temperature and wind varies widely, and this location is tooted to have 4 seasons in a day. Its getting expensive to maintain and operate a gas heater with ducts to the 6 compartments of this 54 yr old house.
The floor is raised 400-500mm above ground level. The house is of brick veneer and the bricks go down at least have a meter into the ground. Dr Li suggested 1 m insulation around the perimeter both horizontally and vertically. Since the air space below the floor is vented to the outdoor air which can go down to 5C in winter months, i doubt this is sufficient to make the occupants not having to wear socks or slippers.
i am also looking for economical floor insulation for a proposed 6.3m x 3.4 m nanny house separate to the above building. Any better suggestion than looking for cheap underfloor insulation/s?
All the best to everyone, ooi
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: