Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: interior walls in a one zone model

Use, any of the Wall options:
including:
Wall:Adiabatic,
       \memo used for interior walls

(simple Wall configuration).  You can  also use the two you describe.

At 01:15 PM 1/11/2013, niko_heeren wrote:

Dear Linda, Jeremiah, and Griffith

Thank you very much for your answers.

Unfortunately my central question remains a little unclear to me:
What kind of surface should I use in order to account for the thermal inertia of an interior wall in a single zone model?

Should I use Wall:Detailed or BuildingSurface:Detailed object? What would I choose as "Outside Boundary Condition"?

I was considering the Internal Mass object before, but decided not to use it, because it will not appear in the graphical (dxf) representation and I guess it might falsify the solar gains.

Thank you again!

Kind regards
Niko