Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Ground temperature of Singapore

Hi Dr Ooi,
Could you email it to me too please?
Regards,
Jean

Sent from my iPhone

On 20.01.2013, at 01:43, "Ooi" <ooi_kb3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Heat transfer across a surface like the slab is related to the temperatures above and below. For indoors that are conditioned to a certain temperature, the ground temperature at the bottom surface is then changed significantly. The Slab preprocessor needs an assumed temperature at the bottom surface, the ground temperature, to start with. That is why you may need to use it iteratively.

For indoors that are not conditioned, the ground temperature, can, for most purposes, be assumed to be the Undisturbed Ground Temperature given in the .stat file, though it is not perfectly true to say that the ground temperature is not undisturbed.

There are two sine waves. One for the daily and one for yearly temperature fluctuation. i have answered your question by email. If you like, i can email you my paper "EnergyPlus Building Simulation Program: Which Ground Temperature to use?" International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering for Sustainability. 3-5 April 2012, Johore Baru, Malaysia.

regards,
ooi