Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Unmet load hours due to increased fan pressure rise

Wow. That is a simple question for probably one of the trickiest bits of using energy plus. Fortunately and at the same time unfortunately e+ allows for a wide variation on control stradegies and systems. How and which setpointmanager objects are used is highly specific both to system and control stradegy. The simplist form of control is setting a wished constant temperature on a node of the system (for example the exit node of a heating coil) using setpointmanager:schedule. I believe the program utilizes the next componant object emmidiately upstream of the node in question (or possibly group of componants, depending on the setpoint manager type used) to get the air conditions as close to the wished for conditions as the(se) componants can manage as per their own limmits.

Describe your system a bit to us.

Also, another place to look is the sizing of the equipment. A quick check to see if the sizing was done properly is to use the sizing:parameter object to put an oversizing factor of say 1.5 on the heating and cooling equipment.

Also, report over extream weather periods to try and see when exactly the loads are not being met.

Hope that gets you on the solution path.

Jean

Sent from my iPhone